The MicroB is a micro UAS that creates a new niche in the UAS arena, while providing similar capabilities as a mini UAV (10Km communication range, up to 2 hours endurance, Stabilized video image) while maintaining its extremely competitive and affordable price.
The MicroB is designed for full autonomous operation, unmatched ease of use and high maintainability. Equipped with stabilized payloads, the MicroB can be autonomously launched quickly even in a crowded urban environment and supply quality video coupled with GIS information.
The MicroB UAV is a portable, air pressure launched (Hand-Held Pneumatic Launcher), electrically powered loitering surveillance and reconnaissance UAV. With full autonomy, from takeoff to parachute recovery, the system delivers ease of use and high reliability.
MicroB- System Main Specifications
|Takeoff Weight||Up to 2200 gr|
|Wing Span||~170 cm|
|Power plant||Electric brushless motor, rechargeable battery|
|Payload capacity||Up to 300 gr|
|Payload||Dual sensor (CCD / Uncooled IR) Gimbaled and stabilized surveillance payload|
|Control Range||Up to 10 Km|
|Endurance||Up to 2 hours (within environmental limitations)|
|Cruies Speed||75 km/h|
|Max Speed||120 km/h|
|Ceiling||16,000 ft ASL|
|Main communication||2.4-2.5GHz spread spectrum, frequency hopping DataLink|
|Video Downlink||1-1.5 GHz, COFDM Technology|
|Navigation Lights||Red light on the left wing
Green light on the right wing
MicroB System’s Significant Advantages
- Rapid deployment anytime, anywhere, even in restricted urban areas
- Hand-held, light weight launcher
- Integrated parachute for accurate landing and emergencies
- Sophisticated interchangeable payloads – no tools required
- Gimbaled and stabilized day Video Image with continuous zoom
- Gimbaled and stabilized Thermal Video Image (IR) with optional Dual FOV zoom
- Autonomous operational modes
- High reliability – combat proven avionics
- Severe weather operation
- Modular design – Mission oriented platform
- Extremely low acoustic and visual signature
MicroB Launch & Recovery
Launch- Light Weight Pneumatic Launcher
This launcher is a handheld, air-pressured launcher, shaped like a rifle.
Prior to launching the operator shall load the launcher with compressed air by using a small battery operated compressor or a miniature dispensable commercial CO2 pressure canister (~9 cm long).
Advantages using a pneumatic launcher:
- Not dependent on human skills
- Stability during launch (Pitch, Roll & Yaw axis)
- Higher initial velocity – can be launched in harsher weather conditions
- Quick load & launch- no need for assembly, portable
- Launch in limited spaces – rooftops, through a window, behind a cover, etc.
- Integrated Safety valve and mechanical lock for safer use
The UAV can be launched in any type of environment and does not require the operators to prepare a special takeoff area. Even at high winds, the operator can safely accomplish multiple consistent launches. After the autonomous launch procedure is completed, the UAV will fly autonomously according to the flight plan.
Once the MicroB has completed its recovery route, it will automatically deploy its parachute. The autopilot calculates the optimum wind speed and altitude for the MicroB to deploy its parachute so that it is deployed for accurate safe landing and descent to the ground. The MicroB can also be commanded to go to an ad-hoc location and deploy its parachute for recovery. In an emergency, the operator can override the PGCS and autopilot and command the MicroB to immediately land by the optional secondary / redundant channel (ECU).
- Rapid “over-the-hill”, covert ISTAR (Intelligence, Surveillance, Target Acquisition & Reconnaissance) in an open area as well as urban warfare scenarios
- First responders
- Border protection
- Force / convoy protection
- Security operations
- Law enforcement
- Search and rescue
- Disaster control
- Commercial applications
- Mapping on Demand photogrammetric solutions