SpyLite® is a mature, advanced, combat-proven, extended performance electric Mini-UAS, optimized to provide covert, “over-the-hill” or extended range real-time visual intelligence.
SpyLite is unique in its ability to fly even in severe weather, assuring high operational availability for 3-4 hours and a communication range of over 50km (can be extended up to 80 km). Fully autonomous, the system delivers autonomous ease of use and high reliability, providing a very versatile and stable ISR platform.
Combining a stabilized CCD and/or IR payloads with proprietary ground exploitation software – the SpyLite allows for GPS-marked imagery to be relayed in real time to the ground station. The SpyLite system presents an ultimate solution for supporting real time video or tactical mapping on demand missions for open area as well as urban scenarios for military, peace keeping, low intensity conflict, HLS applications, law enforcement, S&R, disaster management and commercial applications.
The SpyLite system can be configured to back-packed, vehicle-mounted or HQ stationary configurations.
The SpyLite system has accumulated over 10,000 operational sorties in the service of several international customers, and has been in operational use by Israeli Forces since 2006.
The SpyLite played an important operational role in operations “Protective Edge” & “Brother’s Keepers” with over 700 operational sorties.
SpyLite – System Main Specification
|Max takeoff weight||9.5 kg|
|Wing Span||275 cm|
|Endurance||3 to 4 hours (payload, environment & mission dependent)|
|Airspeed||60-120 Km/h / 32-65 knots|
|Control Range||Up to 50 Km (can be extended up to 80 km)|
|Max flight ceiling||30,000ft ASL / 9100 m|
|Best operational altitude||Up to 1000m / 3280ft AGL|
|Takeoff||Ground launcher auto-launch|
|Landing||Automatic Parachute & Airbag recovery|
SpyLite Mini UAV Significant Advantages
- Combat Proven: Over 10,000 operational sorties accumulated
- Transportable: easy to carry and transport
- Vehicle mounted configuration: easy installation and operation from a small vehicle
- Severe weather operation
- Fully autonomous from launch to recovery
- Unprecedented performance: 4 hours endurance, Extended 80 km range, proven flight ceiling of 36,000 ft.
- Easy and fast operational readiness, launch and recovery in any terrain
- Covert operation: Low acoustic & visual signatures
- Optional Proprietary RGB, multi-spectral or IR photogrammetric payloads for mapping
- Secondary emergency backup control link and a backup battery
- Automatic moving target tracking: Integrated Video tracker and camera guide mode
- Low LCC (Life-Cycle-Cost)
SpyLite Launch & Recovery
The launcher is a foldable, lightweight launcher, powered by elastomeric force (rubber bands). This type of launcher allows a safe, controlled deployment which doesn’t rely on operator skill or weather conditions.
The launcher is compact and easy to assemble on site. A UAV can be quickly assembled and launched using the launcher in under 15 minutes. The launcher is durable to survive harsh environments.
The SpyLite has an autonomous recovery capability. The SpyLite is recovered by deploying a reusable parachute and airbag. This ensures a low-impact landing to protect critical parts in the UAV. The autopilot calculates the optimum wind speed and altitude for the SpyLite to deploy its parachute so that it is deployed for accurate safe landing. After touch-down, the parachute is released by a patented parachute release mechanism to avoid the UAV being dragged along the ground if the parachute is caught by a gust of air. The parachute and airbag are quickly and simply repacked by the operators in the field.
- Rapid “over-the-hill”, covert ISTAR (Intelligence, Surveillance, Target Acquisition & Reconnaissance) in an open area as well as urban warfare scenarios
- First responders & Law Enforcement
- Border protection
- Force / convoy protection
- Security operations
- Search & rescue
- Disaster control
- Commercial applications
- Mapping on Demand -photogrammetric solutions