WanderB® FC (Fuel Cell) SUAS is a revolutionary, advanced, extended performance electric Small-UAS, powered by a PEM (Proton Exchange Membrane) fuel cell and based on BlueBird’s Field-proven, battery powered WanderB SUAS and on its Fuel Cell powered SUAS – Boomerang SUAS which was the world’s first operational long-endurance small UAV to be powered on cutting-edge Fuel-Cell technology.
WanderB FC is optimized to provide covert, “over-the-hill” or extended range real-time visual intelligence. WanderB is unique in its ability to fly even in strong winds and on cloudy or rainy days, assuring high operational availability for up to 10 hours and a communication range of over 50km (can be extended up to 80km).
Fully autonomous, from its point of launch to its accurate parachute and airbag recovery, the system delivers autonomous ease of use and high reliability, providing a very versatile and stable ISR platform. Combining a stabilized CCD or/and IR payload with proprietary ground exploitation software – the WanderB allows for GPS-marked imagery to be relayed in real time to the ground station. This capability delivers enhanced situational awareness, contributing substantially to the success of the mission.
The WanderB FC system presents an ultimate solution for supporting real time video or tactical mapping on demand for long endurance open area as well as urban scenarios for military, peace keeping, low intensity conflict, HLS, security, disaster management and commercial applications.
System Main Specifications
|Max takeoff Weight||13 kg|
|Wing Span||300 cm|
|Length||132 ( Fuselage)|
|Endurance||Up to 6 hours (Electric motor configuration)
Up to 10 hours (Fuel Cell configuration)
|Air Speed||60-120 Km/h / 32-65 Knots|
|Control Range||Over 50 Km/ 32 miles
(can be extended up to 80 km)
|Max Ceiling altitude||15,000 Ft ASL|
|Best Operational altitude||Up to 1000m/ 3280ft AGL|
|Takeoff||Small ground launcher – auto launch|
|Landing||Automatic Parachute/Airbag recovery|
WanderB FC – System Significant Advantages
- Long endurance: impressive up to 10 hours mission time
- Powered by a PEM (Proton Exchange Membrane) fuel cell using standard 99.999% pure Hydrogen that can be easily acquired
- Small form factor: the whole system is small and easily deployable by small vehicles
- No runway is required: The UAV is launched in the field from a launcher and recovered by a parachute and an airbag
- Optional Proprietary RGB, multi-spectral or IR photogrammetric payloads for mapping
- Secondary emergency backup control link and a backup battery
- Automatic moving target tracking: Integrated Video tracker and camera guide mode
- Fully autonomous from takeoff to landing
- Covert operation: Low acoustic & visual signatures
- Low LCC (Life Cycle cost
WanderB FC Launch & Recovery
The launcher is a foldable, lightweight launcher, powered by elastomeric force (rubber bands). This type of launcher allows a safe, controlled deployment which doesn’t rely on operator skill or weather conditions.
The launcher is compact and easy to assemble on site. The WanderB can be quickly assembled and launched using the launcher in 15 minutes. The launcher is durable to survive harsh environments.
The WanderB FC has an autonomous recovery capability. The SpyLite is recovered by deploying a reusable parachute and airbag. This ensures a low-impact landing to protect critical parts in the UAV. The autopilot calculates the optimum wind speed and altitude for the WanderB to deploy its parachute so that it is deployed for accurate safe landing. After touch-down, the parachute is released by a patented parachute release mechanism to avoid the UAV being dragged along the ground if the parachute is caught by a gust of air. The parachute and airbag are quickly and simply repacked by the operators in the field.
- Rapid “over-the-hill”, covert ISTAR (Intelligence, Surveillance, Target Acquisition and
Reconnaissance) in an open area as well as urban warfare scenarios
- First responders
- Border protection
- Force / convoy protection
- Security operations
- Law enforcement
- Search and rescue
- Disaster control and management operations
- Commercial applications
- Mapping on Demand photogrammetric solutions