Combat Proven UAVs for Over 12 Years
- Thousands of operational hours already accumulated
- Transportable – Easy to carry and transport
- Proven operational capabilities & resistance in rough weather
- All of BlueBird’s platforms are fully autonomous from launch to recovery
- Ease of operation – easy and fast operational readiness
- Covert Operation – Low acoustic & visual signature
- Moving target tracking – Integrated Video tracker and camera guide mode
- Launch & recovery in any terrain – No need for prepared area, accurate recovery by parachute & airbag
- Simple Maintenance
- Vehicle Mounted Configuration – easy installation and operation from a small vehicle
- High level of safety – Secondary emergency backup control link and a backup battery
As part of BlueBird’s vision to be a self-reliant UAV solutions provider, BlueBird has developed its own technology and solutions, reducing its dependency on external suppliers.
BlueBird has developed a unique line of miniature payloads, such as the following:
- Golden-i – Micro 2 axis gimbaled and stabilized day video payload, with a 10X continuous zoom. The payload weighs 180gr only
and enables 1cm/pixel resolution from 200m for clear and sharp images.
- Golden – iR – Micro 2 axis gimbaled & stabilized IR video payload, based on an Uncooled IR high sensitivity, 640X480 resolution sensor.
The payload weighs 200gr only.
- Globe- i – The Globe-i is a Patent Protected, miniature, lightweight, electro-optical UdayU sensor, which supports real-time video with the ability to scroll the Line-of-Sight (LOS) video image in a large Field-of-View (FOV) and zoom in and out. In addition to the real-time video, the payload can store high-resolution images in its internal memory.
The Globe-i concept is based on multiple fixed CMOS sensors, each mounted to point into a different direction, but with overlapping FOV, providing 360 degrees ground observation system. An integrated Digital Signal Processing unit (DSP) combines the pixel’s information from all sensors, to enable controlling the image size (zoom) and locations (pan / tilt).
Photogrammetric payload – designed to automatically collect 4-bands, high-resolution images to its internal memory, along with synchronized meta-data information. The payload supports a mapping resolution of up to 4cm/pixels.During flight, the payload is commanded from the GCS, while images and related synchronize metadata are recorded and stored in the internal removable memory device, while the payload is transmitting real-time video to the GCS . The images shall be post-processed automatically and rapidly generate an updated high-resolution Orthophoto.
Unified Ground Systems
- All of BlueBird’s UAS are operated from a Unified Ground Support Equipment
- BlueBird’s GCS, RVT, ECU, GDT are all designed for time critical missions, tested in a combat environment
- All of BlueBird’s UAVs are based on the same data links, video links and command protocols and are operated by the same Ground Control Station.
Flight Termination System / ECU
- BlueBird’s UAVs are provided with an Emergency Control unit (ECU), a hand held, battery operated device, which provides the operator limited control over the UAV in case of emergencies; loss of communication with the UAV, malfunctions while in the air, etc.
- The ECU commands the UAV by using a low bandwidth, redundant frequency link.
- The transmission is digitally encrypted command and is unique for each UAV according to its serial number.
- The ECU commands the UAV to perform the following actions:
- Pre-flights checks
- Return home
- Immediate deployment
- Perform a pre-programmed pattern
Customer Tailored Solutions
- Investing significant resources in R&D in order to lead the tactical UAV industry
- Developing & manufacturing UAS that are of a groundbreaking nature, such as miniature yet powerful payloads, remote launch capabilities, extended performance Micro & Mini UAVs and more.
- Years of experience in the field of Aerodynamics, mechanical design, avionics, composite materials, electronics, production and UAS field operation & guidance.
- Providing our customers with tailored, End-to-End solutions in the fields of Unmanned Aerial Monitoring, Surveillance, tracking, mapping and more.
- Modern and advanced R& D and manufacturing infrastructure;
- Composite materials structuring department
- Mechanical Engineering R&D Department
- Aerodynamic Design Department
- Electronics R&D department
- Advanced Development labs
- Software R&D department
- Integration Department
- Quality Assurance Facilities
- Maintencae Department & Facilities
- BlueBird is an Iso 9001:2000 certified since 2006