The Portable Ground Control Station (PGCS) is a compact control unit, based on a rugged computer integrated with GCS Software application used to display both real-time videos and moving tactical map, as well as enabling control of the mission.
The PGCS is composed of the laptop & joystick (each is an independent component). The Laptop & joystick, connected to the Comm. box is the core of the GCS. The computer provides intuitive software interface for the UAV operator, containing the UAV control application, UAV current location, live stream video & essential flight parameters. The operator can control the UAV via the computer, as well as from the external switches and stick.
The full mission can be recorded on the PGCS computer for debriefing and disseminating the information at a later stage.
The ICU is an upgraded, advanced control station for the rugged PC designed to ease the operator’s mission by quick access to the main functions of the GCS.
The ICU device is used from planning to execution of the operational mission..
The ICU power supply is the PC battery, via USB connection, though may draw power also from an external source.
Ground Data Terminal
GDT-Ground Data Terminal mounted on a 2m tripod with antenna rotating mechanism, enabling
tracking the target during flight.
The Ground Data Terminal (GDT) allows the GCS to communicate with the UAV up to a range of 50 km (can be extended up to 80 km) via two orthogonal links:
- Command and telemetry link
- Video link
The GDT is a ruggedized box with directional and OMNI antennas, connecting to the GCS via Ethernet link.
The GDT is powered by external power supply but when required, can also operate on its built-in Lithium-Ion battery.
A single Ethernet cable connects the GCS and the GDT for easy field deployment.
Emergency Control Unit
- BlueBird’s UAVs are provided with an Emergency Control unit (ECU), a hand held, battery operated device, which provides the operator limited control over the UAV in case of emergencies; loss of communication with the UAV, malfunctions while in the air, etc.
- The ECU commands the UAV by using a low bandwidth, redundant frequency link.
- The transmission is digitally encrypted command and is unique for each UAV according to its serial number.
- The ECU commands the UAV to perform the following actions:
- Pre-flights checks
- Return home
- Immediate deployment
- Perform a pre-programmed pattern
Remote Video Terminal
Bluebird’s RVT is a small, lightweight and highly portable rugged video terminal that provides front line forces the capability to receive real-time live imagery directly from the UAV that flies in their vicinity and the ability to overlay UAS telemetry directly on a moving map (including UAV location and payload footprint on the ground), for improved situational awareness and targeting.
With the RVT, field commanders can exploit intelligence capabilities in real time, without being burdened with tasks of deployment, launch, flight control and recovery (all of which are handled from remote location, far from the battle zone).
- Displays the real-time video transmitted from the UAV, along with the UAV location, payload’s line of sight and footprint on a digital map
- Selectable display format: Map, Video, combined video and map
- Fits into personal gear or mounted in a vehicle or Mobile HQ
- Built-in GPS receiver for displaying own user location on the map
- Video / snapshots recording and playback capabilities
- Powered by an internal battery or external DC power supply
- Video / snapshots recording and playback